Saturday, January 07, 2006

Writing in the Shower

It's amazing how many ideas come to me during my morning shower. Lines of dialogue, the solutions to plot tangles, ideas for stories, etc. So this gizmo from Popgadget has some real potential. It's an erasable notepad for the shower, where you can jot ideas and notes to yourself or, presumably, whoever follows you in the shower. ("Step out of the shower if you have to to pee, you disgusting slob!" ) It's not the waterproof laptop I've always dreamed of, but it's a start.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh I need one of those. Of course if I got one, I probably wouldn't get anymore ideas in the shower.

I only get ideas when I can't possibly write them down!

David Terrenoire said...

I agree, my best ideas come in the shower and I've often wondered why that is. Is it the routine of washing, where you can let your mind truly wander, or what?

As for the other thing, I'm reminded of Lenny Bruce's warning against washing your face in a hotel room sink if the bathroom was down the hall.

He also said that the definition of a schmuck was a man who got out of the shower to take a piss.

Lenny thought alot about this stuff.

lucylocket said...

I read "The Devil's Right Hand" yesterday. It's a good read!

I've never written a "fan letter" before; I hope its not too "gushy".

JD Rhoades said...

Heh! No problem, Lucy. Gush as much as you want, I don't mind. And thanks.